Determining where the children will live, who will spend time with them on which days and who will make important decisions on their behalves is one of the most challenging aspects of divorce. Even when a couple was never married, legal decisions must often be made in regard to child custody.
Kurt Arras has represented both fathers and mothers in child custody cases. My experience in family law makes us experts in protecting our clients’ parental rights and their children’s best interests.
Let Kurt Arras assist you with:
- Physical custody — Deciding with whom the child will primarily reside
- Legal custody — Determining who will have the right to make decisions related to health care, education, religious upbringing and more
- Visitation/parenting time — Scheduling time for the noncustodial parent to spend with the child
- Parental relocation — Seeking a custody or parenting time modification if one parent relocates to another city or state
- Paternity — Establishing the biological father of the child, which is often a prerequisite for seeking custody
- Child support — Contributing toward the child’s financial needs